There are a few things in a home more beautiful than a sparkling hardwood floor. But how do you properly care for your floor so you will enjoy it for years to come?
Here are some helpful tips:
- From traffic: Use entry/walk-off mats and area rugs/runners in high traffic areas such as hallways and in front of chairs and sofa’s. If you use a rubber-backed mat, or a rubber non-slip pad, check with the manufacturer, as some of these may discolor the finish on your floor.
- From the sun: UV rays from the sun can damage a floor and cause discoloration. Use UV filtering shades or blinds to keep the sunlight from hitting your floor.
- Daily Cleaning – Dust mop with a microfiber mop and a gentle, neutral pH cleaner.
- Intensive Deep Cleaning – Contact Purity Cleaning & Restoration Services, Inc. to remove tough dirt and surface contaminants with the Dirt Dragon cleaning process. We would recommend doing this yearly.
- Refinish – When you notice wear, schedule us to deep clean and refinish. Make sure you don’t wait until the floor has worn down to bare wood. If it has, you will have to…
- Resand/Refinish – If the floor has been worn to bare wood, it may need to be sanded. With proper cleaning and refinishing when needed, the average homeowner will never have to go through this process.
Other helpful tips
- Do not use wax or silicone-based polishes or cleaners. Some wood flooring cleaners sold at your local store may actually make the floor more difficult to clean and may create problems when the floor requires refinishing.
- Use a humidifier/dehumidifier to maintain a consistent humidity level. Wood flooring will naturally expand and contract with changes in outside temperature and humidity.
- Avoid deep scratches. High heels, dog nails, and sliding your 300 pound sofa across the wood floor lead to permanent damage!
Professional Hardwood floor cleaning is a perfect way to maintain your floor’s beauty for many years.
Call us today at (406) 642-3545 to schedule a FREE estimate!